At Falmouth Primary Academy we are committed to ensuring high levels of attendance as we know that low attendance can have a significant impact on pupils’ success. It is vital that children are in school as much as possible and that they arrive on time so that they do not miss any learning time. Improving attendance across school is currently a school focus.
As a parent/carer you can help us by:
- Ensuring your child attends school regularly. Absence should only happen when your child is significantly ill and therefore unfit to attend school, or if there is an unavoidable/unforeseen reason or circumstance which is causing a difficulty.
- Telephoning on the first morning of any absence to give us the reason and tell us when the child is likely to return to school.
- Arranging all non-emergency medical appointments out of school hours or during school holidays.
- Keeping us updated by telephone or letter if your child has any extended period of absence.
- Making sure we always have your current contact numbers; this includes all telephone numbers (including child minders’) and emergency contact details.
If you do feel you need to take your child out of school, the form below must be completed - ideally - at least 6 weeks before the date(s). Each case is considered individually, and the child's attendance to date is taken into consideration, along with the reasons for the request. We can not guarantee that permission will be given. Requests for exceptional leave can only be considered and requests for holidays will not be authorised. Evidence of attendance at medical appointments should be accompanied with evidence of the medical appointment.
As always, if you have any questions, please ask.